Even with parental safeguards and restrictions, most children will eventually go online to find out more about sex.
What they encounter will influence how they think about love and relationships.
In this Master Class, you will learn how to make sure YOU (and not the internet!) are their go-to birds and bees expert!
A very special Master Class with
Susan Stiffelman, MFT and Amy Lang
• Why you need to start the conversation way earlier than you may think
• Who has the most influence over your kids’ decision making
• Simple ways to keep your kids safe and healthy online
• Age-appropriate ways to talk with your kids about things they’ll see (or look for) in the online world
• Tips for making the talks about sexuality easy, fun, and actually happen
• What to do if your kids come to you after unintentionally viewing porn
• How to normalize healthy interest and curiosity in sex
• How to make it safe for your children to turn to you when they need guidance
• The key to getting kids to listen to you when you talk about this natural part of life!
About your hosts:
Susan Stiffelman is a family therapist, the author of Parenting Without Power Struggles and Parenting With Presence (An Eckhart Tolle Edition), and the weekly parenting advice columnist for The Huffington Post. Susan Stiffelman is a marriage and family therapist, a credentialed teacher, and a licensed psychotherapist. For over 30 years, Susan has worked with families to create greater harmony and deeper connection between parents and children.
As a sex educator for over 25 years, Amy combined her love of sex talking and her love of working with families to start Birds + Bees + Kids in 2006. Amy’s books include Birds + Bees + YOUR Kids – A Guide To Sharing Your Beliefs About Sexuality, Love and Relationships and Say What?! The Birds + Bees for Progressive Parents – What to Say and How to Say It! She has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Seattle Magazine, Parent Map magazine and many others.
Is this a live Master Class?
This Master Class was live on May 31, 2018 at 12:00 PM PDT. The video replay is available for you to watch at your convenience.
How long is the session?
The class runs 75 minutes, and includes a Q & A.
How long can I listen to the replay?
There is no expiration date on the replay. It’s yours to listen to now and in the future!
What age child is this appropriate for?
The material covered in this class is relevant for parents of children of all ages – from preschool through young adult.
“Shows parents how they can transform parenting into a spiritual practice. Her unique book shows you how children can produce conscious adults.”
“With her soulful, and poetic writing, Susan shows us how the child-parent relationship can be a hotbed for mutual growth, healing, and connection…”
“I’ve led a community of hundreds of thousands of parents for years, and during that time I’ve recommended only one parenting book: Parenting Without Power Struggles. Now I finally have one more to insist they read: Parenting with Presence. I trust Susan Stiffelman with my heart, my family, and my community because she understands that parenting is not just a job but a spiritual practice — a path to healing, to truth, to God…”