The Power of Showing Up
Daniel J. Siegel, M.D., is clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine, the founding co-director of the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, and executive director of the Mindsight Institute. A graduate of Harvard Medical School, Dr. Siegel is the author of several books, including the New York Times bestsellers Brainstorm, Mind, and, with Tina Payne Bryson, The Whole-Brain Child and No-Drama Discipline. He is also the author of the bestsellers Mindsight and, with Mary Hartzell, Parenting from the Inside Out.
• How attachment and relational experiences affect neuroplasticity in the child's developing brain
• How to fortify emotional resilience so children can ride the waves of life's more challenging experiences
• How to create quality time with our family in an age of digital distractions
• How we can show up more fully for our children, even if we did not have secure attachment with our own caregivers
• Why aiming for "perfect parenting" is not only unrealistic, but harmful
• Simple strategies, based on the latest brain and attachment research, for honoring the Four S’s of Attachment:
The material covered in this class will help kids of all ages, preschoolers to young adults!