Dr. Laura Markham earned her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at Columbia University and authored the bestsellers Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids; Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings; and the Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids Workbook. She makes frequent TV and radio appearances and has been interviewed for thousands of articles by publications as diverse as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and Parents Magazine. Dr. Markham's relationship-based parenting model has helped thousands of families find transformative solutions to everything from separation anxiety and sleep problems to sass talk and cell phones. ahaparenting.com
• Demonstrations of role-plays of common sibling situations
• Hands-on practice to help you manage your biggest sibling challenges
• How to avoid taking sides in sibling squabbles
• What to do when a strong-willed child dominates play with brothers and sisters
• How to help children resolve disagreements over games and toys
• How to coach children to respect one another's personal space and belongings
• How to help a child turn down a sibling's invitation to play with fewer hurt feelings
• How to help a rejected child handle disappointment when a request for time with a sibling has been denied
• How to address behavior like hitting, kicking, teasing, insulting, tattling and biting
• How to handle complaints like, "You're always with the baby", or "You never play with me!"
• How to ensure your cup isn't always empty as you attempt to meet the needs of your children
The material covered in this class will help toddlers through teens.