Steering Clear of Screen Time Struggles
In this Master Class, you’ll learn:
• How to help your kids enjoy technology without being consumed by it
• How to create realistic guidelines for screen time so that you and your kids can laugh, play, and have fun together this summer
• What you should avoid saying to your kids when it’s time to unplug so that you don’t dread a meltdown
• How to encourage alternative activities so that you and your kids can enjoy life in the real world
• Brain science that explains why kids can’t hit the Off switch; digital devices are meant to be addicting, but you can restore balance
• How to handle your child’s anger or frustration when it’s time to switch off the devices
Hosted by parenting expert
Susan Stiffelman, MFT
Susan Stiffelman is a family therapist, the author of Parenting Without Power Struggles and Parenting With Presence (An Eckhart Tolle Edition), and the weekly parenting advice columnist for The Huffington Post.
What do you mean by "replay recording"?
This Master Class was a live webinar. While the live class has ended, you can still get HUGE benefits from watching the recording!
What is the format of the replay?
The replay is available as both streaming video and as downloadable audio file. Please note: Different mobile devices and operating systems handle downloads in different ways. It is recommended that you download the audio files to your computer and then transfer to your mobile device according to your particular brand and operating system.
How long can I listen to the replay?
There is no expiration date on the replay. It’s yours to listen to now and in the future!
What age child is this appropriate for?
The material covered in this class is relevant for parents of children of all ages – from toddlers to young adults.
“I’ve led a community of hundreds of thousands of parents for six years, and during that time I’ve recommended only one parenting book: Parenting Without Power Struggles. Now I finally have one more to insist they read: Parenting with Presence. I trust Susan Stiffelman with my heart, my family, and my community because she understands that parenting is not just a job but a spiritual practice — a path to healing, to truth, to God…In Parenting with Presence, Susan comes alongside parents not only as an expert but as a guide, a counselor, a friend, a healer. This book will help adults heal so they can raise children who need a little less healing.”
“Shows parents how they can transform parenting into a spiritual practice. Her unique book shows you how children can produce conscious adults.”