Lawrence J. Cohen, Ph.D., the author of Playful Parenting and The Opposite of Worry, is a licensed psychologist specializing in children's play and play therapy. In addition to his private therapy practice, he is also a speaker and consultant to public and independent schools, and a teacher of parenting classes and classes for daycare teachers. Dr. Cohen is also the co-author, with Anthony DeBenedet, of The Art of Roughhousing. He wrote two books about children's friendships and peer relationships with Michael Thompson and Catherine O'Neill Grace: Best Friends, Worst Enemies, and Mom, They're Teasing Me.
• Ways to lighten household tension as Coronavirus disrupts usual activities and interferes with playdates
• How to foster greater closeness and cooperation through play
• Games that relax anxious children's hyper-vigilant tendencies
• How to bring more playfulness into your relationship, even if you're not naturally goofy or silly
• Games to calm children's anxieties (and parents!)
• How to entice "digitally addicted" kids to hit the Off switch and join you in play