Commonly known as the ‘Queen of common sense,’ Maggie Dent is one of Australia's favorite parenting authors and educators. She has a particular interest in the early years, adolescence, and resilience, and is an undisputed 'boy. champion.' Maggie has written eight major books, including the bestselling Mothering Our Boys and her 2020 release, From Boys to Men. She hosts the ABC podcast, Parental As Anything and in July 2021, released a book of the same name. Maggie is the mother of four sons and is a very grateful grandmother.
• How to encourage independent play to fire up children's curiosity, confidence, and creativity
• How to get reluctant kids, tweens and teens moving again
• The many forms of play, and how you can nurture them to foster healthy development.
• How to ensure your children enjoy the benefits of nature play, even if you live in the city.
• How adventuresome play can reduce anxiety and build confidence--and how you can feel better about letting your kids take risks.
• How to find a realistic balance between screen time and time spent playing in real life, especially as those tween/teen years come.
• The social and emotional aspects of play – what we learn from sharing, role playing, play fighting, taking turns, imagining and more.
The material covered in this class will help pre-schoolers through teens. This class is for parents, caregivers, and early childhood educators.