Commonly known as the "Queen of Common Sense", Maggie Dent is one of Australia's favorite parenting authors and educators, with a particular interest in the early years, adolescence and resilience. Maggie is the author of seven books, including the bestselling 2018 Mothering Our Boys and her 2020 book, From Boys to Men. She hosts the ABC podcast, Parental As Anything. Maggie is a dedicated advocate to quietly changing lives in our families and communities. She is the mother of four sons and a very grateful grandmother.
• How to communicate in ways that encourage boys to feel safe and open up
• What to do when your son has made a poor choice
• How to “unstick” an unmotivated son
• How to ask your son to do something without nagging, lecturing, or shaming
• How to help boys deal with big, ugly feelings
• How to address conflict or misbehavior without shaming
• How to mother without smothering
• The value of the Dad Plan and the Dad Date
• How to build resilience in the face of failure
Thank you from a mum of three little boys, I will keep this and watch it until they are all grown up (and keep some of these things in mind for my husband as well 🙈.)
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! ❣️
I have had so many lightbulb moments, I can’t thank you enough. I’m going to watch this again with my 13 year old.
This is so incredible. It came at the perfect time. I so love this!
This lovely conversation makes me want to be a better mom to my son. Thank you!!!
Such a great session, thanks so much Susan and Maggie. It’s just lovely to hear from such kind and thoughtful mentors.
The material covered in this class will help toddlers through teens.