The founding editor of AhaParenting.com, Dr. Laura Markham makes frequent TV and radio appearances and has been interviewed for thousands of articles by publications as diverse as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Real Simple, Men's Health, Redbook and Parents Magazine. Over 140,000 parents subscribe to her weekly email. Dr. Markham's relationship-based parenting model, which she calls Peaceful Parenting, has helped thousands of families find compassionate, common-sense solutions to everything from separation anxiety and sleep problems to sass talk and cell phones.
• How to help children manage disappointment when brother or sister won't join them in play
• How to coach children around disagreements over toys
• How to address behavior like hitting, kicking, teasing, and insulting
• How to address boundary issues when privacy and space is hard to come by
• How to handle complaints like, "You're always with the baby", or "You never play with me!"
• Games to help foster a sense of teamwork between siblings
• How to set reasonable expectations for sibling play so children can succeed
• How to manage your own overwhelm when you feel stretched thin and would just like a few minutes to yourself!
The material covered in this class will help toddlers through teens.