Join parenting expert Susan Stiffelman for a rare, half-day live workshop on
Parenting Without Power Struggles
For decades, family therapist Susan Stiffelman has helped parents through every kind of challenge — from whining and picky eating to more complex issues, like screen time and teen struggles.
In this 3 hour workshop, Susan will guide participants to practice and integrate the strategies she has successfully taught parents around the globe.
This half-day workshop will take place in Santa Monica, California on
Sunday, January 29th from 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm
Space is extremely limited! Register now to ensure your spot. (Cancellation policy below)
What we’ll cover:
- How to manage your parenting cool so you can respond, rather than react when the going gets rough
- Why children are wired to resist being bossed around
- How to strengthen attachment through each stage of a child’s development
- How to steer frustrated kids away from aggression, toward acceptance and resilience
- Alternatives to threats, bribes, and punishments
- How to be the calm, confident, loving Captain of the ship in your child’s life
- The importance of guiding kids to be self-referential rather than motivated by a hunger for external approval
- Fostering genuine cooperation and receptivity that isn’t manipulated by parental fear or control
- How to become a parent your children want to turn to when they are struggling
- And more!
More about the workshop:
- Role plays: You’ll have a few laughs while learning as Susan helps you handle that (pretend) defiant son who refuses to do his homework, or the sassy daughter who talks back when you make a request.
- Encouragement: Parents are awfully hard on themselves. Susan’s gentle but targeted guidance will leave you feeling confident to face whatever next parenting challenge comes your way
- Personal coaching: Susan will help you get to the heart of the kind of problems that keep showing up with your children.
- Practice: We all know what we should say, but in the heat of the moment, best laid plans and intentions often fly out the window. Practicing in a safe environment will allow you to build confidence in effective approaches to use when the parenting seas get stormy.
- Support: Want help untangling unfinished business that makes it easy for your buttons to get pushed? Susan is here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
What aged children is this class appropriate for?
Susan’s material has proven to be extremely helpful for parents of children from toddlers through young adult. Being a live, interactive class allows each participant to ask questions and receive support to make the strategies personally applicable.
Should I come with my partner?
It is always helpful to learn with your co-parenting partner but it is not necessary that you come together.
If I can't make this class, are others scheduled for the near future?
There are currently no other half-day workshops scheduled.
Should I read Susan's books first?
It will be helpful if you can read (or listen to audio versions) of Parenting Without Power Struggles and/or Parenting With Presence, but it is not a requirement.
What is the cancellation policy?
100% refund before January 10th, credit toward live or online courses after January 18th
$129 for 3 hours of live, personalized training!
It was a delight and an honor to host Susan at Google for both a presentation and an additional half day workshop on ‘Parenting with Presence’. Participants responded in glowing terms on their evaluations. Now more than ever, people working in corporations need tools to navigate the complexities of parenting amidst working in a high-paced culture. Susan has a given us a gift of a simple, practical framework and implementable tools to access greater presence anytime, anywhere. With her teachings and advice we can effectively manage our relationships not just with our children but with everyone else in our lives, as well.Ruchika Sikri
“Thank you, Susan! I never got so many accolades for a speaker! The group REALLY enjoyed the information and did not want you to leave! I even had parents that missed it asking me for your information after hearing from their friends how interesting and informative it was! Thank you again!”Trish Neve
“The most striking comments were how good a speaker Susan was, how well she was able to communicate her ideas, and how motivated the Moms were afterwards to go home and apply the techniques! Parents explained their “light bulb” moment when Susan explained the difference of being “in control” from being “in charge”! Our group is very grateful for Susan’s graciousness and for the time she spent making the presentation to our members.”Robynne Slotnick-Pendariès